WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME

25 December 2017


As a young kid, Christmas was everything the magic was alive every year. I used to love every christmas decoration, cards I would receive a for my primary school mates. I have a fond memory of the christmas presents we used to receive; I remember my auntie used to buy all the kids presents in bulk. 




Everyone would receive the same style 'fro-fro' dress in a different colour. I'm generally laughing as I type this because it bring back such warm memories; I have to say camo-year was my favourite, it was like she had just discovered what camo print was and when WILD: jacket, hats, scarves, U NAAAAME IT LOL!!


Fluffy Sleeve top I SAW IT FIRST (sale item) 
Avaitor jacket - I SAW IT FIRST £30 (sale item)


It was not just the presents that were thought about (so to speak), all the kids would hold a Christmas play every year and this was not some half hearted attempt by a bunch infants. Oh we went to town with these productions, we would start writing the script a few months in advance, we would have dress rehearsal. Incredibly thought out production that would make Steven Speilberg jealous. My favourite year was when my little brother played Baby Jesus - to be truthfully  honest if you were under five you would be playing Baby Jesus. It was one of my favourite  The plays would always differ, we always managed to put a modern twist on our productions. I used to get really nervous before the big day, however they always turned out to be pretty good - the parents seemed to enjoy it too!





Christmas in my family household tends to be a feast (in ALL sense of the word), there is A LOT of food and drink. I do recall a memorable Christmas a few years ago that resulted to my entire extended family stretching the big day out for an extra four days. After that Christmas, I swear I didn't look alcohol for a very long time!

Legging TESCO £12

Christmas has lost it's shine to most people and become it has become a frenzy of bargain deals and who can buy the most flashiest gift. To me Christmas means the birth of our Lord and Saviour, warmth, togetherness and family. Sharing good times (and good wine) with the people you love, Christmas is about the anticipation and the gift of giving - whether small or big.

I thought for this festive-ish post I would dress appropriately (with a Single flux of course), it still is a very wearable outfit if you don't like to shout about Christmas in the traditional way i.e fluffiness. 

I hope you all have a Happy Christmas whether you celebrate or not it is a time to be Merry x  





                              Single Flux  
                                                  xox




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SINGLE FLUX. Design by FCD.