NO MAKE UP

19 March 2017



Constantly slapping makeup on my face every morning in order to be considered "professional" and showing that I've "made an effort", can be tiring at times. 





Don't get me wrong I love what makeup can do and playing around with new products is fun. But when you have to keep on putting it on so that you don't look like you are corpse. Or when you want to go out with a fresh-face that you. Then you get comments like: 

"Are you okay, Vivien. You look ill?"

I just stare in this belief. If I decide not to wear make up, how will this effect my performance. 




So this week I decided to take this lovely casual outfit out with my makeup-free face. Don't get me wrong; I am not saying I have the skin of a Kardashian. I have bags that I am not proud and my face is made up of some many different shade of brown, which means I am always mix and matching five foundations instead of one! 

Still, I want to promote the fact that, when you take your makeup off at the end of a long day. You are still beautiful; you didn't go from an 8.5 to a 5. You're a ten girl! This is something I am still trying to get my head around, sometimes, I look at my face and just think where do I even start to sort out this mess out. But I am a work in progress. It's all in the mind. 


Back to my casual outfit. Yes, I am not one for full-blown colour. But I do love a good block colour. Yellow is the colour of the season and especially in a good knit jumper, like this stunning sale number from PRETTY LITTLE THING. Teamed with my all time favourite trousers that are so easy to wear to any occasion. I mean who doesn't like a wide-leg trouser? With stripes! Heaven. 


            So whatever you are doing today. Maybe just give you skin a breather.  



        Thanks for reading honey buns 


xxx 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SINGLE FLUX. Design by FCD.